Tell the USDA to not approve of Dow’s genetically engineered (GE) ‘Agent Orange’ corn and soybeans designed to survive repeated spraying of the toxic herbicide 2,4-D, half of the highly toxic chemical mixture Agent Orange. Take Action HERE
onegreenplanet: Chinese dumplings, known as Jiaozi, are eaten for prosperity during the new year. A jiaozi dumpling resembles the shape of the boat-shaped, metal ingots used in ancient China’s currency, thus bringing wealth to whoever eats it. Celebrate the Year of the Horse with these 5 lucky foods.
cerulean-spork: YEAR OF THE HORSE WALLPAPERS ( the sun says “ji” , one way to wish good luck ) NOTE - pls use the dl links below since tumblr resizes pics ! these are all full resolution & include marbleized background to fill the area proportionately as above ; also these are the 4 most common sizes , but let me know if u need something else 1920 x 1080 (x) 1366 x 768 (x) 1280 x 800 (x)1040 x 768 (x) bonus ecard version - no marble background (x) ALSO PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE ALL FREE ! ( but if you want to donate that wld b much appreciatedsince nobody seems 2 b buying souls these days … .)
alicewang: Happy Chinese New Year! 2014 is the Year of the Horse. May this New Year bring happiness, prosperity, good health, and new experiences to all.
1. Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.
2. Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.
3. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
4. Silence is sometimes the best answer.
5. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.
6. Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.
7. If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.
8. This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.
9. Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
10. People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.
11. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Photo source: http://thefashionography.com/jeneil-williams-by-julia-noni-for-vogue-germany-september-2013/